Yoga Mats & Clothing For Sydney Yogis
A classic range of natural yoga accessories and clothing for your health and wellbeing
Sydney has an abundance of opportunities for people to practice yoga. If you’re taking yoga classes for the first time you may be confused by all the different types of yoga available, or maybe you're a seasoned yoga devotee who's recently located to Sydney and you're unfamiliar with the area. Whatever your situation, Divine Goddess is here to help you discover more about styles of yoga Sydney has to offer.
The yoga styles practised in Sydney
Classes are held in many yoga styles, each type having a different approach and emphasis. Yoga beginners often start with classes in Hatha or Bikram, which are a great way to take your first steps and offer a good grounding in some basic yoga postures (asanas), practices and techniques. Hatha is a slowly paced, gentle style that's not too challenging. Bikram, also called hot yoga, is practised in a heated room where the exercises help to loosen muscles and joints, and perspiration aids the removal of toxins from the body.
For those who have already practised yoga, are familiar with the different types and their philosophies, and have a good foundation of basic asanas, some other styles popular in Sydney include Ashtanga, Iyengar, Kundalini, and Vinyasa. While some Sydney yoga studios specialise in a single type of yoga, others offer classes in a range of styles.
But that's not all! There is a range of yoga classes for people with special requirements:
- If you're over 50 and considering starting yoga, or would feel more comfortable in a class with your age peers, there are several seniors classes available.
- Prenatal Yoga classes have a very nurturing environment are chosen by women who are looking for exercises that can be performed during pregnancy and to help them prepare physically and mentally for birthing.
- Kids classes introduce children to yoga in an engaging way. If it's not part of the syllabus at your child's school there are many studios and community groups that offer classes.
- Classes for people with breathing difficulties or limited mobility, so if you use a wheelchair or oxygen therapy you can still gain the benefits of yoga practice.
- Corporate yoga is aimed at people who work long hours- they often have the most to gain from yoga but don't have time to attend classes, so many employers offer corporate yoga, with teachers taking yoga to the workplace.
For a completely different yoga experience there are public yoga sessions held outdoors in the beach suburbs of Bondi (in the eastern suburbs) and Queenscliff (near the Northern Beaches).
Quality yoga clothing, mats and accessories for people of all skill levels
If you're going to take your yoga seriously, you'll want to invest in quality yoga clothing, a comfortable yoga mat, and a yoga mat bag to carry it in. If the class you choose doesn't have yoga eye pillows, or if you're concerned about hygiene when using class pillows, you might want to buy your own. Of course, Divine Goddess can provide for all your yoga clothing needs - with our fast freight service you can get your order delivered within 48 hours in most cases.
Wherever you live, work or study, whatever your special requirement, and whether you're young or old, you're sure to be able to find a Sydney yoga class that suits you!