Benefits Of Yoga
What are the most common benefits experienced during yoga?
Yoga has long been practised for its health and lifestyle benefits. Originating out of Asia, yoga has expanded to every corner of the world with many variations and styles. Some of the most common benefits people experience from yoga include:
- Aids weight loss
- Muscle strength & tone
- More flexibility (which can help reduce risks of injuries)
- Improved concentration
- Relief from stress, anxiety and depression
- Better energy levels
There are many other benefits too, but yoga is a great way to start getting fitter and a start to improving your whole lifestyle. Check your nearest gym or yoga studio for yoga classes in your area.
Are all yoga types the same?
No. Yoga styles have evolved over the years to include many different styles and activity levels. From physically demanding to the more relaxing some form of yoga include:
- Bikram Yoga (or hot yoga), which is conducted in a specially heated room to help burn more calories and sweat out toxins that build up in your body.
- Restorative Yoga, which is designed to help bodies relax and find their natural position. This is a great way to release stress and can help improve moods and energy levels.
- Prenatal Yoga is one of the most well-known forms of exercise for mums-to-be. This yoga aims to keep the body in shape and improve breathing without creating undue stress.
There are so many different types of yoga each with their own benefits. From slow, relaxed classes through to fluid lively yoga there’s some form of yoga that can suit the lifestyle change you want.